Go down
Date of sign up : 2019-07-24
View user profile

Infantry (AI) Empty Infantry (AI)

on Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:59 am
Hello. This is my first post on this forum. I'm excited to see this project. I literally have a feature overview and asset list jotted down in a notebook that nearly matches this game...everything from day/night cycle to a 20km map size. So the developer must be my spirit animal.  cheers

I understand that the larger long term scope of the game is for planes, tanks and ships. But it would be an absolute pity to have such detailed tank mechanisms, ballistics and damage models being ultra realistic or "simulation" level but have unrealistic combat situations... What I mean is you cannot properly simulate the role of a Tank or Self-Propelled Artillery in combat without the introduction of infantry. 

You could have infantry (say functioning at the squad level) advancing or defending positions/objectives. These attacks could be somewhat scheduled or predictable/triggered based on how the proposed objective/mission systems are planned. 

For detailed information on the Battle of Stalingrad, I'd suggest Jason D. Marks work. You get a day by day description with original combat reports of the 24th Panzer Division for example.  study
Beral
Date of sign up : 2019-02-11
View user profile

Infantry (AI) Empty Re: Infantry (AI)

on Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:41 pm
Hello NETSCAPE,

Thank you for your message. About Infantry, there are plans for it, but it is too early to speak about that atm.
View user profile

on Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:55 pm
Out of curiosity, what role do you see the SPA having if there are no infantry positions to bombard?
Beral
Date of sign up : 2019-02-11
View user profile

on Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:48 am
The player's tank cannot access to an enemy position because it is destroyed by the infantry areas atm. The positions will have resource storages and other structures that the artillery vehicles will be able to attack from distance. This is only one of the uses but there will be more things but as I said it is too early to speak about that.
View user profile

on Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:12 am
Ok cool. I like the idea of lobbing shells at a fuel or ammo depot from 5km away.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum