Go down
Hardmoor
Date of sign up : 2019-03-12
View user profile

Tank modifications and upgrades Empty Tank modifications and upgrades

on Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:54 pm
Hey,

i think it would be great if we could equip our tank and crew with equipment that we buy at the MOB or FOB or can request via supplytruck.

In detail i think that for vehicles it should be possible to select and individualize your basic equipment, like: 
- how much fuel
- how many fire extinguishers
- how many additional tracklinks 
- how much ammunition and what types of Ammunition (maybe use some AC for some hollow charge or composite shells)
- how many medical supplies
- how many smokecharges

secondly your special equipment, like:
- the already by WygerBlitz proposed Winter and Ostketten
- for open top vehicles potentially an optical rangefinder
- additional fuel and/or ammunition stowage on the outside
- a commander machine gun
- potentially river crossing equipment
- better radio equipment

you can obviously add many more things to the list,

consequently everything needs to be stowed in or on the tank and you can't just take everything but have to place it on predefined points on your tank.

I think this would add a great amount of depth and personell choice to the game since you have to balance between taking equipment/supply from your base and being effective, also if your tank gets destroyed you loose all the things that you loaded it up with.

LG
Hardmoor
Beral
Date of sign up : 2019-02-11
View user profile

Tank modifications and upgrades Empty Re: Tank modifications and upgrades

on Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:26 pm
Thank you for your contribution @Hardmoor.

This is very similar to the vehicle rank system. With each mission, you will earn two types of experiences: player experience and vehicle experience. With vehicle experience, your tank will increase its rank up to 5 levels. Each level will give you the possibility to buy new equipment for your tank, from advanced camouflages to guns, AA machineguns, extra storage... etc. If your tank is destroyed you will have to buy another tank and start from Rank 1. You will add this equipment to your tank in your garage, before the battle.
Hardmoor
Date of sign up : 2019-03-12
View user profile

on Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:45 am
hey, thanks for the answer, 
will we be able to change or replace the equipment during a session if our tank increases in rank after we complete an objective or we choose another one that requires a different setup?
i am mainly thinking about long sessions within the same battle that might require a different approach (the most common being a different Ammunition loadout)
Beral
Date of sign up : 2019-02-11
View user profile

on Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:27 pm
No, you can't. You will have to return to your base and change the modules in your tank workshop
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum