Go down
WygerBlitz
Date of sign up : 2019-03-12
View user profile

Game as it feels right now Empty Game as it feels right now

on Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:24 pm
Well, Hi Again!

This post is more of a bigger discussion and made more for Beral. In here I`d like to address game as it is in bigger state and mention some points that bother me. 

All points mentioned below are from Alpha game version 1.0.0

All of the points here and not for complaining but more of a suggestions for future.

So lets start:

For it`s Alpha game is going well. The inside tank interaction is awesome. Menu is simple but enough. 
Training mode is enough for itself but in my opinion map could be bit more of a Training Ground that looks like a test field. 
It could feature Tank driving obstacles like bumps and etc. 
Also a field with tanks with distances near them to know how far/close they are. 

Now about online multiplayer:

Now when it comes to connecting to a multiplayer server:
Quite often me and others encounter an issue when game just does not connect you and restarting it is the only way to fix it. But that does not happen always... (Also - when disconnected game says "You has been disconnected" - It should be have but that`s nothing big. 

Now in game spawning in is easy and mostly without any issues. 
Map is far from perfect but somehow quite easy to understand - Only maybe addition could be height mapping on it for now. 
Compass and Binoculars work well - But it could be good If compass could be itself moved to a corner so it would not block 50% of frontal view. 

Overall driving around feels nice. Trees and bushes give a feeling of being in there. Maybe addition of ambient sounds would make it more immersive. Also at night every bush gives me a heart attack because from far away it looks like an enemy tank. 

For now tasks are nice and there is quite a lot to do. 
Only issue is maybe attacking AT points because lack of HE shells make it quite a pain to kill AT cannons with non fragmental projectiles.

Also, Id suggest to have a Player name over a tank when it is like in 5-10m range of you for now. 

+Noticed by Huntero: Often score board does not show players who are in the game for some reason.

Performance: 

Now, despite the fact that I voted for Keybinding in the poll that Beral made - Now after playing more in multiplayer I have to say that Performance is quite a big problem. My system is quite medium (Quad core I5 and GTX 1060) but I still get 30 fps at most on low settings. (In training it is 50-80% better). 
When it comes to engagement in close situations fps often drops to ~15 and making accurate shots becomes a nightmare especially considering that after every hit you sight resets a bit. 

Also I noticed that sometimes my shots don`t register at all - After pressing fire I see a muzzle flash but sometimes it takes a second to 5 for the shell to actually exit the barrel. Quite often a shell does not exit the barrel at all.
And also I noticed that in intense situation game does not account the fact that I lifted/lowered the barrel and it continues to shoot like I haven`t touched the vertical adjustment at all. (At least that was on T-34 (Overall T-34 seems to have bugs with vertical sight)).

Conclusion:

So far that`s all. I like the game and buddies I played with agree with me.
Rather than making a lot of one line posts I thought that making one is bit easier to understand. Beral, if you want I will delete this and re-upload it for all different topics separately.
When I have time I will try to get the footage of bugs mentioned in here. But again, I am not complaining but rather trying to point out what bothers me at the moment. 

Thank you for reading. Keep it up Beral Very Happy  !

Wyger

Edit: Correcting spelling and adding game version.

Last edited by WygerBlitz on Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beral
Date of sign up : 2019-02-11
View user profile

Game as it feels right now Empty Re: Game as it feels right now

on Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:25 pm
Thank you for your feedback Wyger. Yes, I realized the performance problem, from my perspective is more when there are combats but I agree with you, it is the reason for the roadmap task.

The problem with the shoots is a reported bug by Koociekoo: https://forums.steelgearsimulator.com/t57-alpha-v0-9-4b-sync-issues-with-the-gun

The connection bug is a problem related to the Requests Lost bug (RL yellow counter), atm is the most important bug and causes other bugs collaterally. It is not necessary to restart the game, when that happens, press escape, return to the menu, and try to connect again.

About the names over the tanks, it is discarded, it would destroy the immersion, for that purpose in the future there will be the option to paint numbers on your tank, I think with this feature the players will be able to recognize friends and other people. Something like this:

Game as it feels right now PzKpfw-IV-G-Munster-03

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is very very important for me. Please feel free to report anything that you consider a bug on the bug reporting section.

I will pin this post to be used as an official feedback discussion.
KoocieKoo
View user profilehttps://discord.gg/EETsBHV

on Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:35 pm
I do enjoy the online enviroment a lot, for some reasons my frames are far far far far better, even tho im only playing on a medium rig:
1600x, rx580 8gb and 8 gb ram, tho launching the game from my m.2 ssd gives it a big boost in perofrmance (loading times).
I also havent encountered the löog in problem yet, wygerblitz describes.

The Desync with the gun, is still apparent yes, was worse at some point. My personal biggest bug is the desync between client position and server side player position, as it made it for me, after an hr of driving and shooting impossible to achieve anything. I'd rather get teleported arround but be able to shoot stuff, than be a ghost and nothing happens Smile.

A quality of life improvment, for the score, atleast for me would be a way to not get punished with the full negative effect if i have to log off sooner than expected, tho stats are somewhat unimportant rn. Albeit score or Accomplishing mission will keep me closer and more eager to play the game and get better!
Beral
View user profile

on Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:38 pm
@KoocieKoo wrote:The Desync with the gun, is still apparent yes, was worse at some point. My personal biggest bug is the desync between client position and server side player position, as it made it for me, after an hr of driving and shooting impossible to achieve anything. I'd rather get teleported arround but be able to shoot stuff, than be a ghost and nothing happens Smile.

With the last server update that shouldn't happen again atm, did you have the same issue after yesterday's server maintenance?
Huntero
View user profile

on Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:02 pm
Gday yall!!

The game so far is really fun, enjoying and satisfying (when you get a kill). Everything is really good until the gun fire desync aka like Wyger pointed out, that bug is really annoying. 
The other thing that i noticed (at least for me) is that when moving towards a tank that is shooting, the firing sound changes really suddenly. What i mean by this is that one point the sound sounds far away and at the nother second the tanks sound to be really nearer.

For performance on my end is decent, im getting like 40-60fps jumps in multiplayer (GTX 1070 8GB i5-7600), but then again when i start to get near a FOB or a AT- gun point then my fps starts to drop to 30fps or lower.

Im really interested in the future of the game and where it will go and im looking forward to the next updates and bug fixes so the game can be better.  

Over all the game is really good and enjoying.
And Beral keep up the good work.

Huntero
Beral
View user profile

on Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:13 pm
Thank you very much for your feedback @Huntero
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum